Guidelines and HOWTOs/Change the default wallpaper
- Copy the old wallpaper from the breeze repo to the plasma-workspace-wallpapers repo. Don't forget to copy the whole Next folder, rename it appropriately, and also update the CMakeLists.txt file!
- Generate multiple sizes/aspect ratios for new wallpaper with [breeze repo]/wallpapers/generate_wallpaper_sizes.py.
- If the Mobile versions look ugly, manually make better-looking versions by cropping, rotating, etc.
- Replace existing wallpaper images in [breeze repo]/wallpapers/Next/contents with new one. Don't forget screenshot.png!
- Edit [breeze repo]/wallpapers/Next/metadata.desktop to reflect the new name, and include the name and email address for the author
- Compile breeze
- Create a new user account named "Konqi", log into it, switch the language to English
- Run kscreenlocker_greet --testing and take a screenshot with no window decorations
- Open Dolphin, the "About KDE" window, and Kickoff. Take a full-screen screenshot
- Switch the global theme to Breeze Dark to dark and do it again
- Switch the global theme to Breeze Twilight and do it again
- Log back into your original user account and copy the screenshots into an accessible place.
- Set your login screen to display the new wallpaper
- Run sddm-greeter --test-mode --theme ~/kde/usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze/ and take a screenshot without window decorations
- Replace the Breeze, Breeze Dark, and Breeze Twilight Global Theme preview images in plasma-workspace with the new ones you took in the Konqi account
- Replace the lockscreen preview image in plasma-workspace with the new one you took in the Konqi account
- Replace the SDDM preview image in plasma-workspace with the new one you just took
- git push all your changes
This is a very fiddly, time-consuming, and complicated process. https://phabricator.kde.org/T13629 tracks improving it.
This page was last edited on 1 September 2021, at 22:21. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.